bleachbit 0.7.0 packaged for openSUSE!
Oktober 23, 2009 1 Kommentar
I’m pleased to announce, that i’ve packaged and released bleachbit 0.7.0.
The following changes have been made since 0.6.5:
* Deep scan finds several common types of junk files (such as Windows Thumbs.db and Mac OS X .DS_Store) anywhere in your home directory.
* Add option to automatically start BleachBit when computer starts for routine cleaning.
* Delete Adobe Flash Player asset cache
* Delete more Google Chrome history
* If you have any private cleaners, you must upgrade them to CleanerML version 2. It has more features but is not backwards compatible. In many cases this Bash script will help you upgrade. If the script does not help, manual editing is easy.
* Fix bug preventing the menu option File – Shred Files from working.
* Specific to Linux
o Wipe swap and free memory. Everything you do on your computer is stored in the memory and swap, but it isn’t often cleared. Even passwords are stored in memory. BleachBit wipes 100% of the swap file and most of the free memory. See Known issues below.
o Delete more Google Chrome cache
o Support Chromium: cache, cookies, history, current session, and vacuum. (Before, only CrossOver Chromium was supported on Linux.)
o Clear KDE 4 recent documents list (thanks to Daniel Riedemann)
o Clear usage history in GNOME Run (the dialog that shows when you type ALT+F2)
o Clear search history in GNOME Search Tool (click Places and Search for Files)
o Delete the old X11 session errors log
o Delete Adobe Reader temporary files (identified by Klaus Ethgen)
o Delete Google Earth temporary files
o Delete IcedTea (free Java plugin) cache
o Delete Recent documents list in Gwenview thanks to Daniel Riedemann
o Delete more of Midnight Commander: the file position history
o Python 2.4 (as in Ubuntu 6.06 and Debian 4) is no longer supported
o Bonus cleaners pack
+ Fix the installation of the bonus cleaners pack RPM.
+ Delete sqlite3 command history
+ Delete MySQL CLI command history
+ Delete Midnight Commander usage history
+ Delete Metacity sessions (usage history)
+ Improve the system log cleaners
+ Don’t forget to download the latest bonus pack—a separate download.
The Package is available in Factory:Contrib.